This is the privacy notice of The Fishy. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to The Fishy. We are company number 11338715 registered in the UK.
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you ("personal information") and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, "process" means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our Website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our Website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
Information you provide us with
- We do not collect any personal data from you.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any Website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a Website to provide you with a personalised experience and the Website owner with statistics about how you use the Website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
If you prevent their use through your browser settings, you will not be able to use all the functionality of our Website.
- to track how you use our Website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our Website
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our Website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our Website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our Website and how we perform in providing content to you.
Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
Third party advertising on our Website
Third parties may advertise on our Website. In doing so, those parties, their agents or other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on our Website.
We do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our Website.
Access to your own information
Access to your personal information
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our Website.
To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our Website you may send us a request at email@example.com.
After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our Website, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Use of site by children
We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
If you are under 18, you may use our Website only with consent from a parent or guardian
Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is sent via SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser's URL bar or toolbar.
How you can complain
- If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied with how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our Website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our Website on the day you use our Website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.